- How long have you taught here at the Kerman High School or Kerman in general?
This is my 6th year at KHS and my 7th year teaching in general.
- What Period (time of day) is your favorite and why?
It depends. Usually any time before lunch is nice because I have more energy. I don’t necessarily enjoy period 1 or 7 because students invariably have no energy.
- What is your favorite part about the high school?
When students are behaving and paying attention, teaching is great! I also enjoy working with the SOAR club as well as talking to other teachers.
- What would you like to change about your teaching or teaching style?
I’d like to get out of the classroom and connect the material to the “real world” a bit more.
- What was high school like for you?
High school was OK for me. Of course, during high school, I was confused about many things, insecure, lonely at times, and annoying at times. I did well in high school but it wasn’t until college that I really started to enjoy academics.
- What teachers influenced you when you were in High School?
I don’t remember exact names of my high school teachers but I think of some of my college teachers as being influential.
- Who is your Role Model?
Any person I know, look to for guidance, and have a lot of contact with. Mainly family members like my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
- If you were to live anywhere in the World, where would you live?
San Francisco, California, Madrid, Spain, or Terceira Island, Portugal.
- What is your favorite hobby?
I enjoy reading, studying, travelling, running, walks with my family, making food, seeing family, and spending time outside with friends.
- What type of Music do you like? (Favorite Artist, Genre)
That’s easy. R.E.M., Wilco, Sonic Youth, The Shins, Pixies, Dinosaur Jr., Built to Spill.
- What color best represents you and why?
I’m not sure. Perhaps blue? I really have no idea.
- What is your favorite book?
Too many. Ethan Frome, A Christmas Carol, The Grapes of Wrath, The Better Angels of our Nature, etc. Any book is worth reading once.
- What is your favorite food and drink?
Water and Coffee are what I always drink and any food, usually, is good. But I especially enjoy Portuguese food as that’s what I usually had growing up.
- What is your favorite television show?
I don’t know as I don’t really watch TV.
- If you were an animal which one would you be and why?
Again, I really have no idea. Maybe a Cow?