1. How long have you taught here at the Kerman High School or Kerman in general?
4 years at Enterprise High school, 4th year at KHS.
2. What period (time of day) is your favorite and why?
I like early in the day. It seems like students do not always have the ability to keep concentrating for the entire length of the day. Also by 7th period sometimes even I am a bit sleepy.
3. What is your favorite part about teaching at the high school?
I like being able to show students that life can be fun and silly as long as you can take care of your responsibilities.
4. What would you like to change about your teaching or teaching style?
I would like to have note outlines prepared so that I didn’t have to wait so long for students to copy.
5. What was highschool like for you?
I remember hating to have to get up and actually go the most. I found classes to be very easy and I did not need to take them too seriously. I discovered that college was not the same. Early I was uninvolved, when I learned colleges like involvement I joined a bunch of stuff and discovered I liked doing Extracurriculars.
6. What teachers influenced you when you were in highschool?
Mostly my Math and Science teachers. They built the Foundation of my Love of these subjects.
7. Who is your role model?
Bill Nye, The Science Guy. Bill Nye was very against GMO Foods. After some time speaking out against GMO he was approached by some young Biochemists. They took the time to thoroughly teach Nye about the GMO process and Nye publicly admitted that he was wrong. I believe ideas are important, but more important is the ability to be persuaded by reasonable arguments.
8. If you were to live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Seattle. Recently Seattle launched a huge safety initiative to
put neon flags at crosswalks because one of the big problems they have is people feeling safe crossing in fog. Just to highlight this is one of their “big problems”.
9. What is your favorite hobby?
I enjoy Tinkering. I find the process of tearing things apart to see how they work to be fascinating.
10. What type of music do you like? (Favorite Artist, Genre)
I enjoy a wide variety of music, but my favorite is Queen.
11. What color best represents you and why?
Maybe Orange? It’s a color no one really dislikes and it’s usually loud and fun.
12. What is your favorite book?
Actually The Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. Usually the “hero” is always safe, but not in this series. Anyone could die at any time, and that really makes all scenes extra meaningful.
13. What is your favorite food and drink?
I enjoy Asian food. Vietnamese food in particular has a lot of awesome fresh flavors. Like a typical nerd I enjoy Mountain Dew Code Red.
14. What is your favorite television show?
Firefly by Joss Whedon, tragically cancelled by clueless Fox executives.
15. If you were an animal which one would you be and why? (Lion is optional but please use something else)
A Hippopotamus. At first they look like big, dumb, slow doofuses, but in reality they are responsible for more killings than Lions and Alligators combined.